By commissioning a cover from Covers by Tallulah, you agree to the following terms and conditions. These are set out to provide peace of mind and a reasonable, fair, working relationship for both Covers by Tallulah and yourself (henceforth referred to as ” client”).
All prices henceforth are provided as US$, or United States Dollars.
- The client acknowledges that he/she has obtained the rights for all images and other materials provided to Covers by Tallulah. The client agrees to indemnify, hold harmless and defend Covers by Tallulah (and its employees) from any and all libel, copyright, and permission infringement action resulting from materials provided by the client.
- Covers by Tallulah agrees to obtain all rights and permissions for any elements used for client projects included but not limited to fonts, artwork and stock photography.
- Covers created by Covers by Tallulah (and parts thereof) may not be resold to any third party, or reused as elements in new designs without obtaining permission in writing first.
- Covers by Tallulah cannot provide any elements (such as raw files, photographs or illustrations) separately from the design due to copyright obligations. If you require these files to be used in promotional materials, please see our list of provided extras.
All information shared with Covers by Tallulah will remain confidential and will not be shared with a third party unless written permission is obtained from the client first.
The client grants Covers by Tallulah the right to use the client’s completed book cover design as part of a portfolio (on a website and social media) for promotional purposes, so long as it is added only once the cover has been revealed to the public by the client, or the client otherwise grants permission in writing.
- Premade covers are provided on a first come, first serve basis. Payment (or proof of payment, at the discretion of Covers by Tallulah) secures a cover. Each cover is unique and will not be resold once purchased.
- All text layout is included in the cost of the premade – including additional text not featured in the mockup, if required (such as a tagline).
- Up to two revisions of the text on the premade cover is included, thereafter there will be a $10 charge for additional revisions. Revisions will not be made once final sign-off has been received, unless there are extenuating circumstances (such as technical issues). There is a two-week time limit on layout and revision of text after purchase unless otherwise confirmed by Covers by Tallulah in writing.
- The client will be sent a .jpg and a .psd file of your premade cover. The .psd will include the text on separate layers for future edits, however in the case where proprietary fonts are used, the client will not be able to edit the text unless they have purchased the font. A link to the fonts used will be included in the purchase confirmation email.
- An initial brainstorm session for the cover is provided free of charge. Once the client commits to a cover from Covers by Tallulah, you will be sent concepts for sign off before work can begin.
- Once a main image is decided on, swapping out the image will become difficult and therefore changes will be charged at $10 per image change over and above the revision surcharge.
- Covers by Tallulah may communicate with you throughout the design process to confirm the project is proceeding in the right direction. The time taken to respond to these questions is excluded from the project turnaround time.
- Once the final cover design is provided, two rounds of revisions are included in the price. Thereafter a surcharge of $10 will be added per revision round.
- Unless otherwise agreed upon, the client will be sent a .jpg and a .psd file of your final cover. The .psd will include the text on separate layers for future edits, however in the case where proprietary fonts are used, the client will not be able to edit the text unless they have purchased the font. A link to the font will be included in the purchase confirmation email.
- Once this final version has been sent, additional changes will not be possible unless there are extenuating circumstances (such as technical issue). These changes may be granted at Covers by Tallulah’s discretion.
- A cancellation fee will be charged if a project is cancelled once a concept has been signed-off. This fee will range from a base of $20, up to 50% of total cover price depending on the amount of work undertaken and amounted costs.
Payment may be made via EFT (for clients in South Africa), or via Paypal (for clients outside of South Africa). Other payment terms can be discussed, but are at the discretion of Covers by Tallulah.
For larger custom projects, a $20 to 50% non-refundable payment amount may be required up front in order to secure the services of Covers by Tallulah. (If the project is cancelled, this payment will become the cancellation fee, see point 7 under “Custom Covers” above).
For smaller custom projects/text layout services, a small watermarked version of the project will be sent via email following revisions, and, when it has been signed off, payment by the client will be required. The large high-quality version will be sent along with a link to download the .pdf once payment is received and is in accordance with payment terms set out by Covers by Tallulah.
For premade covers, the purchase is only confirmed once payment or proof of payment has been received.
Payment terms are negotiable but must be discussed up front. All terms are at the discretion of Covers by Tallulah.
Please allow up to two weeks turnaround from confirmation of concept, not inclusive of time awaiting sign-off on ideas or versions. Any extra delays will be communicated ahead of time. A surcharge may be applied for rush orders.
- Covers by Tallulah will not be held liable for any typos discovered in either the front or back cover design after final sign-off by the client. It is the client’s responsibility to thoroughly proofread before this final sign-off.
- Covers by Tallulah will not be held liable for lack of sales of the book that the cover has been designed for. While every effort will be made to create a cover that is genre-appropriate and enticing, please be aware that it is the client’s responsibility to ensure that the cover fits their requirements before sign-off.
- General: At no time will Covers by Tallulah (or its employees) be held responsible for any problems, costs, fees or expenses incurred by the client as a result of using the book cover designed by Covers by Tallulah.